Model X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model X still in Beta

Go down

Model X still in Beta Empty Model X still in Beta

Post by Colin@campbell.club Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:47 am

I have to say after driving the Model X for the last 24 hours, I have never had such a great driving experience. Its faster than almost any sports car, and more luxurious than any luxury car I have ever been in. It's smooth and quiet. And its fun.

However, it is cutting edge which means one has to expect some bugs, although I feel the car really wasn't ready for release yet. If you are not prepared to handle things not working, wait a few upgrades of the software before diving into it.

First problem I had was that the Assisted driving won't turn on. No matter what I do or under any scenario. I am waiting to upgrade the software to see if that will make a difference.

The second bug I noticed was the back fin does not come down when in park mode (this could be a setting so I will continue to play with it).

Third and most frustrating is the that screen freezes. All of the functions of the vehicle continue to work thankfully, but everything else freezes on center console. (ie. opening my gate or garage, changing radio stations, map etc.)

It's cutting edge, almost too cutting edge for my taste, and it would have been nice if they had worked out these kinks, but I am ok with a few issues at the beginning. I am confident the team at Tesla will get them resolved shortly. I will keep you up to date on how things progress.

Colin
Colin@campbell.club
Colin@campbell.club
Admin

http://www.nic.club

Back to top Go down

Model X still in Beta Empty Re: Model X still in Beta

Post by Colin@campbell.club Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:06 pm

Ok figuring a few things out here.

Driver Assist: I called support and they agree something is not setup right. The gentlemen on the phone suggested that they may not have setup the correct software and so opened a ticket with the Dania Beach Tesla office. Seems like they should have a check list so as to avoid confusion. Update coming soon.

Spoiler Alert: The second reported bug I found was that the fin or spoiler did not come down after I left the vehicle. Wow that actually is not the case it does come down after I walk away from it. I put the key away in the house and walked out to see that the spoiler did retract. I chalk this one up to user error. With the Model X you don't actually turn it on or off or lock the doors. You just move towards and away from it. Takes a bit getting used to but I am getting there.

Screen Freeze: Well after reading other forums I learned that if you hold both buttons on the steering wheel it will reboot the console. I did that and it also asked if I would like to install the latest upgrade. I did that and so far today no freezing. Still no driver assist after installing the new software update though.

Colin

Colin@campbell.club
Colin@campbell.club
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin@campbell.club Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:21 pm

Bug #4: Front driver door won't close.

Happened today at IKEA after loading up went to close the driver door and it would not close. Something went wrong with the mechanism. I couldn't close the door manually either. It just would not close. Called support and we tried a few things to no avail. They will dispatch someone to house to work on it. In the meantime back to driving the good old reliable Volt.

Beta tester #945,

Colin
Colin@campbell.club
Colin@campbell.club
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin@campbell.club Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:37 pm

All issues were resolved and am a happy camper now Smile

Colin@campbell.club
Colin@campbell.club